Monday, April 03, 2006

April Fool

In the continuing absence of Mind and Inspiration, let me entertain myself a bit here in our lonely reading room by telling you something funny.

On Saturday (April 1st, mind you), I recieved an sms from my friend Arvinn in Oslo going something like this:
"Hi Silje. I really need to talk to you, but my phone is almost out of battery. Could you please call me at 22048700? Ask for Harald, he will know where I am. Urgent!!!"

I read it, wondered what this could be all about and thought 'oh well, I will do it later'. But then I read it once more and the word 'urgent' caught my attention. Liking to think of myself as a good friend who wouldn't let anyone down in a case of emergency, I then dutyfully dialled the number, expecting to come to some kind of office or any other kind of public institution where my friend for some reason would happen to be. Desperately needing to talk to me. About something Very Important. I didn't really think that much prior to the dialling, but it's beyond doubt that I had the feeling this had to be something really exciting.

But no!
Imagine how stupid I felt when I heard a voice on an answer machine saying "Welcome to the Norwegian Royal Palace..." - which is when I quickly hung up and felt very relieved I didn't come to the point where I actually asked for.... well, you know, good old Harald.

The funniest part of the story, however, is that I forwarded the message to a couple of other innocent victims... (The best remedy for feeling stupid is of course to make somone else feel stupid too.)

Thanks for the fun, Arvinn! But be warned...! You're up for a revenge next year....

No comments: