Friday, July 28, 2006

Kerblog

In the series "The World is Mad and Silje is lost for Words" (I really am and that sucks), let me continue my recommendations of other resources on the net that phrase the madness going on far better than I am able to at the moment . As you can see I've added some links on the right and re-organized them a bit, updates will follow.

In particular I want to point out the Lebanse artist (comic author, painter and musician) Mazen Kerbaj's Kerblog, created as a direct result of the attack on Lebanon, quote:

bang? blog!
2 years of lazyness before starting this blog.
i'll begin then by thanking israel who burned in one night two years of efforts to avoid getting myself trapped in this adventure. good job guys! especially the airport party. and the bridges. no way to leave the country. nothing else to do than this blog.
after all, we all need sometimes a valid reason to start to work, and a good old war soundscape is ok as a starting point.

(Kerbaj's first blog post)

Kerbaj's pieces of art are brilliant. Despair, humour and perseverance mixed in drawings that portray today's Lebanon better than any words. Check it out.

No comments: