Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Summer in The City

April 25th 2006: a cloudless sky reigns over Tromsø, temperature has risen to 15 degrees celcius and not even the sporadic gusts of wind sweeping over our veranda from time to time could be characterized as cold.

These facts made me make two decisions, which in turn led up to a third.

Number 1: all thinking and reading for Thursday's oral exam should be cancelled for the rest of the day, in honor of the surprisingly early visit by Her Majesty the Summer.

Number 2: the energy generated by late April's extraordinary contribution to summer should be used for the benefit of running (here you should recall that on April 29th 1997, we had 2,40 meters of snow).

And so I went running, and upon returning to our veranda after 45 minutes of sweat I decided to take this summer-thing seriously and go for a swim.
Which of course would be decision number 3.

And this is the whole point of today's blog post: to record that I have officially taken the summer's first outdoor bath! Although I have to admit that I didn't really get to the point of actually swimming, I can by first-hand experience report that the water temperature is quite a bit lower than that of the air.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.